Saturday, March 15, 2014

Harajuku

This is one place I have been dying to go!!! Harajuku is Tokyo's 'kawaii" capital.
Harajuku is also known for it's Harajuku girls and their interesting
fashion choices. Unfortunately, the only crazy dressed person I saw was a
dressed in a fluffy pink dress and he wouldn't let us take a picture of him...
Harajuku is like a big market full of color and fashion. There are some really nice designer places, and also some really cheap stores with great deals. I didn't want to spend too much and I didn't really need anything, so I just tagged along with some friends to see the city and the shops. I brought home a couple accessories and I ate a whole bag of candy, but I didn't get any crazy clothing pieces. Maybe next time...
Welcome to Harajuku!
Such colorful shops!
This store was incredible. We weren't supposed to take pictures, but I took
this sneaky one :)
There were also these hidden gems where
everything was 390 yen(about 4 dollars)!!!
I got some little accessories from here!
There were some stores with really fancy interior design!
Had to try a bag of Japanese sweets!
This street was where the bigger, more expensive shops were.
Love the city!

Japanese fashion is so interesting to me. They have a very conservative culture and they are modest and reserved people, but the girls wear tiny little shorts and dresses that we would consider sexy, but they consider "cute." Everything about their culture is cute. Japanese also love wearing clothing featuring words or phrases in English. You can also find shirts, sweatshirts, etc. from RANDOM American colleges or cities. The Japanese don't seem to know what most of these places are, they just like that it's American.  I especially loved finding sweatshirts from Ohio State, BYU, and a random city in Colorado. 

But I have to say, my project for the day was finding really poorly translated phrases or things that just didn't make sense to me. These are the best ones I came across:
"Glad at the good news"

"If you want to be happy, be."

"Thomas ate egg everyday"

"I can't wait to see you, I wanna see you right now. What will
you talk about if you meet next?"

"Possible can do most things"

"Keep hope alive! You'll never find a Rrainbow if you're looking down"

"Twinkle little Girl. There is the future in the point of the
large sea"

"Life began after I fell in love with you...
more than you know, I think about you
all the time. you makes me happy, you
are my treasure. I fell head over hills
in love with you."

"Freaks in the front" ?

"Definitely we are awesome"

My favorite:
"You can sit with us"

"Don't laugh I mean it."
I hope you get a nice laugh from those, I know I did.

Later that day after we got home from Harajuku, we decided to take a trip out to Roppongi! We went to this club/lounge called New Lex Tokyo! I'm not a big fan of clubs, but this one is very classy and low key and it's usually mainly full of Disney people! The owner has a great relationship with a lot of Disney cast members and they treat us really really well. They treat us like the rest of the celebrities that visit Lex when they are in Tokyo. Ya know...like Steven Tyler, Katy Perry, Leonardo Dicaprio, Jonah Hill, LMFAO, Hellogoodbye, just to name a few...
At Shin-Urayasu Station heading to Roppongi!

The lights are so beautiful at night!

New Lex Tokyo

We even saw the Tokyo Tower before
getting our taxi home!

1 comment: