Wednesday, September 14, 2022

A Fresh Start

Recently found this post that I never finished or published (Sept 14th, 2022)

I guess I will officially announce for those that don't already know, that I will be staying in Japan for one more year! I have extended my contract with One's Man's Dream and will spend another 12 months on the Showbase stage! I'm so thankful for this opportunity and excited about the new friendships that are beginning and the current friendships that are blossoming. Nick will also be in Japan for the next year! He's dancing in a show at Tokyo Disney Sea! Having him back in my every day life is absolutely surreal. I still can't fully grasp the concept of not having to say goodbye to him after being many miles, oceans, and time zones away for most of our relationship.

February 1st marked one year in Japan. I still get that crazy feeling when I sit on the train surrounded by Kanji and Japanese people and tell myself "I live here." I have fallen into a daily routine and become comfortable with my surroundings. I'll admit I still don't understand 90% of the Japanese language, yet I feel safe and confident getting around and going through my daily routine. But I've become a little too complacent and I'm excited for this new chapter. Sharing life with Nick, working with new cast members, exploring new places, and taking the next step in my relationship with Jesus.

It's hard to wrap my brain around not going home when my current cast leaves and it's sad to think of another year apart from my family and friends in California, but what's really terrifying is thinking about eventually re-Americanizing myself after living in Japan for two full years.  Everything is just SO different.





No comments:

Post a Comment