Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hooray for Opening Day!!!!!!!!


We finally opened!!!! It was such a blast debuting all of my different tracks and I am so excited for the next year!

I love performing in this show and I adore the variety in my three tracks! I couldn't be happier to call this my job! I feel beyond thankful for this opportunity.

What's great about this show, is that there are hundreds of dedicated fans! Some are in the audience every day, every single show. They pick out their favorite performers and take thousands of photos of them over the course of the their time in the show. The other Disney shows I have performed in have prohibited guests to take pictures or video and I've never really been able to share my performance with friends and family for that reason. So you can imagine how thrilled I am to see pictures/video of the show just hours after performing! It's a great way to check up on how my make up, costumes, expressions, technique, and acting choices actually look!!!

So here are some pictures from my first 4 days and different tracks!

Snow White finds her handsome Prince!
He makes her blush with his princely romance ;)
Monkey ladies dance with King Louie at Coco Banana!
(on the left)
The monkey boys try to impress the monkey girls, but it just doesn't work.
But they still have loads of fun!
Wendy finds herself surrounded by Hook's crew!
And she does NOT enjoy it.
She's not a fan a Hook.
Then Peter comes to save her!
And they do a little dance together!
Then Peter takes Wendy to Neverland!!!
The Villains try to ruin all the fun.
There is a lot of fire, smoke, thunder, and lightning.

Then some dancers dance around in pretty dresses.
(I'm in blue)
Aurora, Cinderella, and Snow White come to join the fun.
(Blue in the back!)
And they all live happily ever after.
:)
Then some other stuff happens in a Film studio in Hollywood, but I don't have pictures of that yet...

Snow shows up in a fancy gold dress, though!
Then a whole group of gold dancers sing and dance with huge smiles!
(2nd girl from the left)
This is my favorite part of the show!
I'm pretty happy!

Then Mickey and his friends join for the big finish!!!
So that's most of what happens in the show!!!!

Here are some videos too!!!

This is the opening and the Monkey scene of our 2nd debut day (April 11th, 2014)! You can watch my best friend Snow White in the opening and my monkey friend who comes on half way through the song and is the girl furthest to the left during the boys vs. girls section!

Opening and Monkeys


This is my best friend Wendy on the  first Debut day!!! If you're not able to watch this one, it's because I shared it on Facebook from another friend. We'll give it a go anyhow!

Peter Pan and Wendy!


This last video is also from the first debut day (April 10th)! It is the film studio scene, the Hollywood scene, "Shining Star," and bows! You won't find me in the film studio, but look for the blonde reporter with a green and red dress in Hollywood. The reporter only appears for a minute before running offstage to prepare for "Shining Star." It's slightly impossible to explain where I am in Shining, because all the girls look exactly the same...I am the first girl to enter from the Left and after a left fan kick, I travel to the right side of the stage but am no longer in the shot. At 5:01 I come back into the shot on the far right then I'm mostly on the far left side of the stage for the rest of the number. You won't be able to see me after the bows (which I am not on stage for in this track) because I'm in the very back just to the right of center. So good luck and happy hunting!

Film Studio, Hollywood, Shining Star, Bows/Finale


"One Man's Dream II: The Magic Lives On" at Tokyo Disneyland, runs 5 times each day unless there is a special event or show cancellation (very very rare). If I am shifted (happens once or twice a week), then I will perform that day's track only 2 or 3 times depending on if I am the first or second shift. If I am not shifted and it is not my day off, I perform my track 5 times. The shows are only 30 minutes long and we have about an hour in between shows to cool down, have a snack, and prepare for the next show. Yet even though 5 sounds like a lot of shows, they pass by relatively quickly! I have one specific track that I don't have any downtime between costume changes, so the show flies by in no time! I cannot say it enough, but I LOVE this show. I feel so much joy and fulfillment with the music, characters, choreography, and cast all put together and it's truly a rewarding experience!!!






1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post. Love your joy in performing and living the life God has given you - such an inspiration. and it just brings me joy to know you are doing so well. i'm so proud of you!

    love you!

    XOXO

    mazie

    ReplyDelete