Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's already been a week!

Man has this week flown by! I learned and experienced so much in such a short time! Each day I grow more and more confident in my decision to come here!

We finally had our first rehearsal the other day! We studied a few of the Disney characters by watching movie clips and discussed their personality traits and body language. It is always so fun to dive into such specific character work because these are characters I grew up watching! 

Later I learned one of my opening number tracks! I'm so excited to finally start learning choreography! It's so much fun to be dancing with all of my friends as we'll. It is such a fantastic way to get to know each other even better. During rehearsal our stage manager announced that the forecast for the next day was predicting snow so they would let us know if they decided to cancel tomorrow's rehearsals. At the end of the day they did indeed decide to postpone rehearsal until Sunday evening since we were to have Sunday off. So basically our day off was just flip flopped if that makes any sense...

So Yesterday was a snow day!!! It snowed ALL DAY LONG!!! It was so cold and windy but my friend and I just had to go outside and make a snowman! Duh. So we did and we named him Steve and he was a Japanese snowman with no arms! 
                                     
                     

It had been years since I had built a snowman and I had to much fun!!!! ^^^This is my friend Ashley from Australia! This was her first time ever building a snowman!

Yesterday was also a wonderful day because I got to FaceTime Nick, my parents, and 4 of my best friends from home. We get together for a girls night every single Friday so I was elated to have the opportunity to FaceTime then when they were all together! We watched my friend wedding video together that was just finished for her and it was so special!!!
                                        
There are 8 of us in total and our initials spell out PAKKAJES! They are all so special to me and the beauty in the middle is getting married in 5 months!!!!!!!! Miss you girls! 

Being snowed in is so cozy and just makes me want to drink tea and watch Christmas movies. I didn't actually watch any Christmas movies, but I did get together and watch "Saving Mr. Banks" with some friends and then had people over later to watch "Frozen!" I even tried making homemade Mac and cheese that didn't turn out too horribly! 
                                 
That is what it liked like outside by the end of the day! Everything was canceled at the park even "One Man's Dream II" since there was snow on the stage!!! That is a big deal when a show gets canceled!

It was a wonderful and relaxing day! There is still snow on the ground outside but it is slowly melting in the warm sun so we should still be on for rehearsal tonight. Can't wait to dance!!!
This was taken at the park yesterday by a Japanese fan!!! It's so beautiful but I wouldn't want to walk around the park in that!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment